Major New Release For Doodlekit Coming Soon
Anyone that’s been working with or following our Doodlekit Online Website Builder Tool has probably noticed that the waters have been pretty calm lately. Not much is going on – on the surface. Below the surface, however, we have been working around the clock on a major new release. We are very, very, very excited about it. There are going to be some major new features added to Doodlekit. We hope to release this newer version sometime around the end of September 2007. Below is a list of some of the more major upgrades that we will be implementing:
- Doodlekit will be FREE!
Yep, we will be releasing a free version of Doodlekit for all to use, indefinitely. No more 30 day trials. The free version will have the following:
- Photo Albums (up to a 100 photos max at any one time) with Slide Shows.
- The ability to add up to 5 extra pages/sub pages in addition to the photo album pages, blog, and contact form.
- Full access to all our layouts, color schemes, and background images.
- Access to Stock Photos for headers and content.
- Access to the CSS Override Editor for advanced users who know how to code CSS. Advanced users will be able to upload their own design images and write the code to design their own websites.
- Free websites will be sub-domains of www.doodlekit.com.
- Doodlekit will have a Shopping Cart!
Doodlekit will offer an advanced plan that will allow you to create your own shopping cart via a PayPal account that you have created.
- All Doodlekit websites will be W3C Strict XHTML & CSS compliant!
While most Doodlekit users won’t care much about this, web developers/designers will understand the significance of this and appreciate it (especially those who will use our CSS Override Editor).
- Doodlekit will have a New & Improved Page Editor!
The new doodlekit page editor will be more reliable and easier to use than the older editor. It will allow you to create one, two, and three column layouts as well as add images directly to your web pages from you computer, Doodlekit Photo albums, or other websites.
- Stock Photo/Image Repository.
We have added a searchable library of Stock images to use in your website headers and content. We will be starting with over 2000 images and adding more every day! You will be able to swap out images in your content & headers as often as you like.
- Doodlekit will work with 94.1% of all browsers world wide.
Doodlekit websites will function properly with the following browsers: IE 6.0+, Firefox 1.5+, Opera 9+, and Safari 3.0+.
Let us know if you have any questions or comments. We look forward to hearing from you!